Operations Support Engineer
Compensation: $94,700.00 - $142,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a differences
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
Who we are?
The American Express One Amex team is looking for operations support engineers with expertise acknowledging, investigating and resolving customer issues across a variety of cloud platforms and technologies. The team is looking to scale our support model as increasing adoption throughout the business brings rise to new challenges and proactively maturing our capabilities will ensure a continued high-quality experience for our users.
The One Amex ecosystem is a truly disruptive part of the engineering organization and is driving adoption of cutting-edge technologies and techniques. We are looking to build small but high performant teams within this to solve complex challenges, working with our internal partners who consume our product portfolio to build world class customer experiences.
Working within the One Infrastructure unit of the team you'll have opportunity to make an impact by becoming the face of our engineering support, assisting product engineering teams throughout the entire lifecycle of their journey building applications with One Amex.
Involved with colleagues all over the world you will establish a network of contacts not only to assist but to share and collaborate with. You will evangelise best practice, helping us reflect and remediate issues to continuously improve our operating model.
As a beacon for change within the engineering organisation, One Amex has a diverse product portfolio that enable product engineer teams to choose components that work for them and focus on solving business problems.
With this mission charter comes the responsibility of continuously supporting our internal customer base, scaling our efforts to make onboarding and production operations predictable and of the highest quality.
You will draw on your prior experience to develop relationships with product engineering teams. Actively investigating, resolving and triaging issues, you'll apply your strong engineering background to analyse recurring trends and generating customer critical objectives for the One Amex teams to achieve. Leveraging production telemetry, logs and CI/CD build output to forensically establish a narrative that will help lead to resolution of application issues.
A background in engineering is critical as you'll be working across a diverse landscape of tools and will investigate correlation between incidents and ecosystem health at both the macro and micro level.
* Have a passion for debugging.
* Have an aptitude for working with customers to resolve their issues.
* Have real world experience in incident management.
* Be a natural communicator and capable of working with geographically diverse colleagues to collaborate on issues between teams and subject matter domains.
* Cultivate relationships with stakeholders, evangelise the team mission and iterate on operating model to continuously improve.
* Have worked within this domain space for several years, you'll bring with you a capability to contribute and advise on a growth strategy for support as products and consumers expand within the ecosystem.
* Put the customer first and advocate on their behalf when we design and roll out new operational strategy.
* Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
* Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
* Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
* Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
* Engineering background fluent at least in one programming language.
* Working knowledge of shell scripting, observability systems (Prometheus /Datadog/Splunk) and analysing logs.
* Exposure to and knowledge of DevOps practices.
* Working knowledge of modern infrastructure architecture, networking and security principles.
* Familiarity of the Atlassian product suite.
* Familiarity of cloud infrastructure providers (AWS/GCP/Openstack)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Associated topics: building, department of transportation, draw, foundation design, remedial, remediation, roadway, structural analysis, superstructure, transportation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...