Manager Manufacturing - Amgen (Barrington)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
A Shift: (7:00am - 7:00pm rotating days)
The Manufacturing Manager (Front Line Manager) position is within the Manufacturing Services organization at Amgen Rhode Island (ARI), a large-scale mammalian cell biotech manufacturing plant that produces multiple commercial and clinical products. This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with multiple functions on a routine basis in a dynamic environment (Quality Assurance, Engineering, Facilities, etc.) while developing a deep understanding of the manufacturing operations and planning activities within the facility and site.
The manager is responsible for leading a team of full time and external staff members through day to day operations for the services function, including picking, dispensing, equipment preparation, and BLC activities. Responsible for supervising, coaching, hiring, and development of floor staff. The Front Line Manager will assist in defining area objectives, identifying improvement opportunities, and leading change efforts; effectively directing their team and delivering on short and long term Amgen Operational goals.
- Ensure safe working environment.
- Ensure cGMP and CFR compliance of operating areas.
- Resolve problems during operation. Elevate critical and impactful events to Sr. management and make real time decisions.
- Participate as a role model in Lean culture and continuous improvement programs with responsibility to translate onto the manufacturing floor.
- Develop, implement and assess solutions for complex problems.
- Ensure scheduling of production and maintenance activities. Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. QA/QC, F&E, Supply Chain etc.) in completing activities and ensuring schedule adherence.
- Interact with business partners and internal/external audit teams including regulatory agencies as directed
- Assists in developing and implementing departmental strategy and plans that are aligned with the broader organizational strategy
- Responsible for selection training, evaluation, staff relations and development of staff.
- Interacts with management in optimizing organizational structure and responsibilities.
- Ensures the right people and resources are in place and optimally allocated to achieve results
- Creates an environment that fosters accountability, innovation, continuous improvement, learning and knowledge-sharing
- Builds and develops a diverse, high performing team
- Works across functions to build organization and individual capabilities
- Develops strong relationships with staff members, provides open and clear feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Doctorate degree
- Master's degree and 3 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience
- Associate's degree and 10 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience
- Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or Engineering
- Knowledge and experience within a cGMP or other highly regulated environment
- Strong leadership and team building skills (coaching, mentoring, counseling)
- Experience with staff capability and team performance improvements
- Experience with performance management including performance reviews
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Analytical problem-solving and project management skills
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements
- Ability to be flexible and manage change
- Excellent verbal and written communication (technical) skills
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft, EBR/MES, SAP, and Electronic quality systems.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: bio, biological engineer, biomedical engineer, biophysics, genetic, medical, msat, nutrition, pain, parenteral
Loading some great jobs for you...