Manager Manufacturing-Nights (Hope Valley)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Amgen Rhode Island is one of the premier biologics drug substance manufacturing sites in the world with a long history of operational excellence and highly successful commercial operations across a large number of key products for the company.
With minimal direction, the manager is responsible for leading on the floor operations and staff in Inoculum Prep of Upstream Manufacturing operation. This individual will be responsible for supervising, coaching, hiring, and development of floor staff.
The front-line manager will assist in defining area objectives, identifying improvement opportunities, and leading change efforts; effectively directing their team and delivering on short- and long-term Amgen Operational goals. This role will leverage continuous improvement, transformative approaches and innovation to drive reliability, efficiency, agility and differentiation. The manager will champion a safe and compliant production environment through structured on floor presence.After the initial onboarding phase, the successful incumbent will be expected to join and lead a shift team working a 12-hour shift. This position is for the night shift. The shift pattern will be 7PM-7AM structure with a rotation covering 7 nights per week. There are multiple positions open.
- Demonstrate technical mastery of Upstream processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in completing production activities.
- Develop, implement and assess solutions for complex problems.
- Responsible for resolving problems during operation, ensuring effective decision making.
- Oversees set up of critical manufacturing processes.
- Ensures the right people and resources are in place and optimally allocated to achieve results
- Creates an environment that fosters accountability, innovation, continuous improvement, learning and knowledge-sharing
- Conducts short and long-range planning to ensure readiness of talent to execute future organizational objectives
- Works across functions to build organization and individual capabilities
- Develops strong relationships with staff members, provides open and clear feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Ensure safe working environment.
- Assure proper gowning and aseptic techniques are followed.
- Responsible for selection, training, evaluation, staff relations and development of staff.
Master's degree and 3 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Manufacturing and Operations experience AND Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resourcesPreferred Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience within a cGMP or other highly regulated environment including a basic understanding of technical elements across engineering, biological or chemical processing.
- 5+ years' experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills (coaching, mentoring, counseling).
- Experience with staff capability and team performance improvements.
- Experience with performance management including performance reviews.
- Conflict Resolution skills.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to be flexible and manage change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (technical) skills.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft, EBR/MES, Delta V, Electronic quality systems.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: biochemistry, biological engineer, biomedical engineer, bioprocessing, enzyme, fermentation, genetic, medical, metabolic, msat
Loading some great jobs for you...