Integrated Systems Testing and Commissioning Engineer
Compensation: $94,700.00 - $142,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Atkins is one of the world s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Rail & Transit Group in New York, New York
as an Integrated Systems Testing and Commissioning Engineer.MAJOR FUNCTION/ROLE
Under general direction, serves as a recognized technical specialist throughout the company, providing advice and consultancy for Rail Signaling Systems; including the development and review of technical specifications, engineering calculations, test procedures, analysis of equipment and system performance. Provides technical expertise/ assistance to staff including but not limited to the planning, scheduling, auditing and oversight of daily preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance to include all areas of track & signals, communication and supporting computer networks.JOB DUTIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Serve as technical consultant for major transit system projects.
- Apply theory, knowledge and experience in the management, analysis and design of multi-discipline transit and rail projects with high degrees of technical complexity making cost-effective design recommendations, monitoring design approaches and making final design decisions.
- Guide the production of preliminary or final design signal drawings, technical specifications, technical reports, construction cost estimates, project schedules and cutover plans.
- Manage assigned project work including scope, schedule, and budget and provide timely, quality milestone reporting.
- Effectively coordinate and supervise the work of senior professionals and support staff during the entire project to complete project documents/plans/analysis on schedule.
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff by providing meaningful growth and training opportunities and recognize the importance of an engaged/fulfilled staff that likes their workplace and their company.
- Provide marketing and outreach in the transit system and other market sector to clients and other stakeholders.
- Identify, support and occasionally lead proposals seeking to win new work.
- Establish wide industry credibility in field of expertise by marketing your and Atkins expertise in the field of advanced rail signaling.
- Work with senior professional and leaders to develop strategies for key hiring pursuits, key project pursuits, team growth, sector growth, profitability, employee development and employee satisfaction.
- Work with Accounting Managers, Project Controllers and Project Managers as needed to achieve project goals and assist in the business of the firm.
- Responsible for implementing Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures on transit systems projects.
- Perform such other duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering preferred. This level may be achieved with fifteen years experience since Bachelor's or fourteen years since Master's. In lieu of a degree, 20 years of theoretical and applied experience in advanced Rail Signaling Systems required. Typical incumbent has 20+ years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of a major transit signal system.
- Registration as a licensed professional engineer is generally required. However, extensive experience may be substituted in lieu of licensing.
- Solid understanding of PTC technology is highly preferred.
- Assist in managing and oversight of the required train control system testing program which comprises all relevant field testing both on designated client railroad property and tenants.
- Assist the client with the necessary sequencing of interoperability testing tasks and provide guidance on any relevant field testing required to enter over the road testing.
- Coordinate with the prime Contractor to arrange for monitoring all integration and testing activities. Ensure the availability of staff in engineering, mechanical, operations, and contractors at the required times; witness all qualification and acceptance tests; and prepare summary test reports.
- Review test results, prepare documents that are required to be submitted to government regulatory bodies (in regards to field testing) as well as review and provide review comments for all documents prepared by the Contractor.
- Assist client with defect management by tracking list of defects, prepared by the train control system Contractor; throughout the testing effort. and to determine which tests must be re-run to verify that the defect has been corrected.
- Responsible for the review and comment on investigative Procedures Manuals, developed by the client Contractor, which are necessary to identify components, functions, and processes that may be required to perform a detailed incident investigation.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice
to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: civil engineer, concrete, drainage, land, microstation, remediation, soil mechanic, structural analysis, superstructure, transportation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...