Associate Automation Engineer (Dedham)
Compensation: $94,360.00 - $141,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in Control System initiatives such as Change/Project Implementation, Incident/Issue Investigation & resolution, CAPA & Safety related corrective actions, Alarm management program and manufacturing support.
- Implement system modifications by following appropriate standard operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot and remediate system configuration/infrastructure issues.
- Collaborate in investigations of proprietary automation software/hardware problems with vendors.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Participate in on-call support for Automation/IT systems with other team members.
- Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working in validated systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- A minimum of 4 years working experience with Control Systems or Building Automation Systems (BAS) or PLC's or manufacturing systems. Preferred experience in the following: Emerson DeltaV, PLC's or Rockwell Logix, OSISoft PI,
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of computerized systems and Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Working knowledge in computerized systems (Preferred Emerson DeltaV, OSISoft PI, or Rockwell Logix).
- Understanding of expectations working in regulated industries such as Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Food-Beverage is a plus.
- Must demonstrate an ability to understand and apply software solutions.
- Must demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot complex problems on highly automated equipment.
- Must be able to successfully work independently and within teams.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work both independently and in a team environment at all levels of the organization. Regular contact with internal departments and external business units to ensure alignment and occasional contact with related regulatory authorities.
Works in an office setting and GMP manufacturing environment. Work within all Site Facilities, which requires one to give a high attention to detail and on occasion to properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Take action, final decision, recommend
Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Limited direct supervision is required. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet deliverables as agreed upon with management. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting established objectives and schedules. Identifies and reports any discrepancies from normal practices or procedures to senior management, recommending and implementing corrective actions.
Project-based supervision of internal or external resources may be required.
Associated topics: biology, biomedical engineer, bioprocess, bioprocessing, enzyme, medical, msat, neuro, nutrition, pathogenesis
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...