Civil Structural Engineer, P.E., Allentown, PA
Compensation: $87,890.00 - $131,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Civil Structural Engineer, P.E., Allentown, PA12 Month Contract via Kelly Services Top 3 must haves:
- 8 10 years experience of foundation design related to petrochemical or power plant industry
- BS Civil Engineering w/ PE license
- Proficient in STAAD.Pro, Mathcad, and Excel tools. Other foundation design tool a plus.
JOB DESCRIPTION Job responsibilities are focused on an individual contributor preparing Civil foundation calculations & designs, as well as preliminary Structural steel design calculations and sketches. The types of industry include; Air Separation Units (ASU), Hydrogen Processing Units, and LNG facilities.
- Task include preparing calculations and sketches to complete final drawing for manufacturing shops and site construction.
- Excellent verbal and written communications are required.
- The applicant must be well versed in foundation designs for petrochemical facilities and/or related power industry type equipment.
- Foundation types include shallow and deep foundation systems for various piling types, pile caps, soil-supported mats, containment systems, rotating machinery, and compressors.
- Dynamic analysis for compressor foundations is a plus.
- The applicant must also be well versed in wind analysis and seismic analysis for steel structures, with an emphasis on moderate to high seismic classifications.
- Typical related structures include pipe racks & pipe supports, prefabricated skids & modules, equipment supports and access platforms.
- Complete detailed design calculations for shallow & deep foundation systems and site prep.
- Complete preliminary design calculations for steel structures (i.e. pipe racks, equipment supports etc.)
- Check Civil Foundation and Structural drawings.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Interface with Design teams - Piping, Stress Analysis, Mechanical & Machinery, and Electrical & Instrumentation etc.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS Civil Engineering with foundation and steel structures focus
- PE licensed engineer
- Minimum range of 8 10 years of related experience
- Proficient working knowledge of deep and shallow foundation design
- Proficient in using structural finite element analysis software tools such as STAAD.Pro
- Proficient working knowledge of MathCad and Excel
- Proficient in using ASCE 7 Wind and Seismic calculations
- Proficient working knowledge, understanding, and application of critical industry accepted codes; IBC, ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC Steel Specification and Construction Manual, and AWS.
- Knowledge of Dynamic analysis techniques for foundation analysis a plus
- Working knowledge of Smart 3D (S3D) software tool a plus
- Must have the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to be successful in a fast pace environment with minimal direction
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Why Kelly?
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: building, calculation, civil, civil engineer, concrete, construction, drainage, foundation design, microstation, transportation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...