Compensation: $119,103.33 - $165,680.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Safety AdvisorSpring, TX3 Year ContractMain Functions Provides safety / health support to the site leadership team and the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor s organization. In some cases, responsibilities may extend to other Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) issues, status, and metrics. Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing support to proponent organizations to assist them in implementing the Safety Management System and in meeting safety objectives and expectations.
- This support includes: assisting Business Lines in developing safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
- Conduct field inspections of onshore and offshore oil/gas facilities, project construction sites, drilling rigs, and support facilities such office buildings, warehouses, and communities. This includes working with BL to identify safety concerns, formulate solutions, and develop practical and cost-effective corrective actions.
- Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- In depth knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Prefer prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods
- Demonstrated ability (through past project successes) to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Must be fit for duty for a construction field environment (examples include uneven, unpaved walking surfaces, large structures that are accessible only via ladders or stairs, standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, reaching, and other physical demands)
- Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company's specific safety standards and procedures)
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: climate, constable, emr, physician, risk, safety, scba, wastewater, wastewater treatment plant, wwtp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...