Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for contributing in all areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises solid knowledge of CI engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the company's technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and Comcast Critical Infrastructure (CI) standards.
Critical Infrastructure (CI) Eng. will work in collaboration with other NextGen network deployment & lab teams to assess CI facility impact (power, cooling, space).
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Collaborate with NGAN lab teams to assist in the development of testing process and procedures of CI equipment and production equipment.
- Review and analyze existing circuit level real time monitoring of active production equipment & plan to ensure right sized wattages are captured for the facility capacity model.
- Collaborate with regions and divisions to define site by site long range planning to address capacity and availability targets? with consistent adherence to standards
- Work with analyst team members to develop meaningful reporting for field engineers and management
- Primary contributor or SME lead with CI & System Integration Team (SIT) Standards Review process.
- Development of standardized CI MOP s for installations and maintenance for CI equipment deployment and implementation.
- Evaluate solutions and develop roadmap to DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management)
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Strong level knowledge of critical infrastructure components e.g., generators, HVAC systems, -48 Volt DC power systems & electrical single line drawings.
- Strong level understanding of the Comcast broadband network & deployment designs. Technical skills relative to HSD and Voice network engineering, planning and management including experience with IP routers, switches and CMTS equipment
- 5 years of experience in datacenter / headend deployments & engineering.
- 5 years of experience in working in a facility or facilities and managing CI capacity.
- 5 years of experience working with real time monitoring data and tool sets in the Critical Infrastructure space
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of power generation and (AC & DC) power distribution including facility and cabinet based PDU s, ATS s, and inverter systems.
- Diverse knowledge of Power & HVAC data center & headend dynamics.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to work with vendors, internal customers and senior leadership.
- Effective communication & leadership skills
- Some travel required
- Understanding of the IP protocol suite (e.g. ARP, IP, TCP, DNS, SNMP)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Windows applications -- Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Extensive knowledge & experience DCIM tools, and various building management protocols (Modbus, SNMP, etc) & CI device integration.
- 5 years of experience building or augmenting critical facilities to stay ahead of growth
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...