Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast X1 Video Platform, XB Broadband Platform, and Digital Home (xFi and Xfinity Home) Applications are changing the way consumers consume media, connect to the internet, and manage home networking. These Platforms are rapidly advancing in terms of new features, focusing on simplicity, control, and reliability for consumers. Comcast products are deployed across its customer base in the United states and through syndication partners across the rest of North America and Europe.
Comcast is looking for a Director, Program Management Hardware Engineering, to lead a team of Technical Program Managers (TPMs) responsible for design, development, and delivery of Comcast CPE Hardware products.
Technical Program Managers at Comcast are responsible to work with Product Managers, Engineering teams and OEMs to develop a product development plan with clearly defined scope and budget. They own the project schedules, are responsible for identifying risks & mitigation plans, and communicating with stakeholders. TPMs are responsible for keeping the strategy in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face across the various hardware portfolios.
Beyond solid program delivery and technical skills, the role requires proven experience in the delivery of consumer electronics hardware/software projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong internal drive, collaboration skills, and experience in delivering complex systems on time.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Manage Hardware Program Portfolio, with dashboards for leadership and stakeholders.
- Lead and grow our Hardware TPM team, with experience hiring and retaining top talent from the industry
- Institutionalize the Product Development Process, and best practices consistent with building an extraordinary hardware product portfolio
- Review the Hardware programs and ensure that program plans are optimized to manage risk
- Communicate Hardware plans across larger organization
- Drive Hardware Portfolio Planning for effective buy-in and communicate priorities with cross-functional team
- Build relationships with OEM leadership/teams and leading SOC partners
- Travel to support manufacturing builds and ensure factory engagement best practices are established
- Keeps abreast of new developments in project management methodologies, agile practices, best practices, and industry standards.
- BS/ MS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years in consumer Product development with at least 2 years of experience as an engineer in a technical domain.
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience in working E2E with consumer products shipping in high volumes.
- Working relationship with OEMs and SOC partners
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and data analytics skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...