Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for providing system architectures and solutions to bring to
market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Leads
engineering functions as they relate to the planning, design,
integration, test, deployment and support of products. Assists with
testing and operational activities. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Partners with engineering project manager to provide consultative
direction and develops long term objectives and plans to determine
resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures,
third party vendors and Company s Product Managers and Engineering teams
to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined
- Develops and drives implementation of Business Services Communication products across the Comcast footprint.
-The role would have 3 main customers, Product Management, Engineering, and Operations.
-Ability to understand Product needs and interpret into technical product requirements
-Ability to drive Product needs into engineering for development
-Ability to advocate for the needs of the Customer(s) as well as Operational feasibility.
- Participates in Company product lifecycle process. Contributes to
and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design
documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems
definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Understands key business drivers and applies the knowledge of
internal/external business issues to improve products and services.
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team,
worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned
into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete
solutions based on best practices and proven technologies.
- Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective to identify
- Provides guidance for the performance and reliability of various
cross-platform applications and services. Ensures that system failures
are restored in a timely manner.
- Participates in the review of failures and provides feedback to
prevent future occurrences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
-Edge Networking Experience
CCIE, JNCIE, etc a plus
-Core Networking Experience MPLS
Customer facing networks with MPLS as a backbone
-Cross product integration and implementation
Ability to understand various technologies as they leverage a large integrated ecosystem.
Ability to understand how devices are managed across various technologies
-Managed Services experience
Customer facing designs and requirements
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...