Senior Electrical Controls and Automation Engineer - Broomall
Compensation: $78,555.00 - $138,910.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Drummond Scientific Company, located just outside of Philadelphia, PA, is a vertically integrated company that leverages more than 70 years of experience to maintain its position as an elite developer of custom, precision, microvolume liquid transfer devices. We have more than 100 total employees and have built a critical mass of expertise in the areas of design, electrical and mechanical engineering, which we are now eager to add to. The Company occupies more than 60,000 square feet, which includes approximately 1,300 square feet of semi-clean space, a fully furnished machine shop, and two injection-molding bays. In total, the sum of Drummond s engineering and manufacturing capabilities leads to the output of more than a billion pieces per year, all held within an extremely high tolerance.
Our branded products can be found in laboratories across the globe and are continuously recognized for their durability and reliability. Despite the notoriety gained from the products bearing the Drummond name, what truly establishes the company as an industry leader is its role as an original equipment manufacturer. Drummond s OEM parts have revolutionized the field of in vitro fertilization and enable the diagnostic technologies of many of the largest, and most innovative, companies in the world.
Scope of Position:
- In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Engineering and focus on developing and designing high-speed, automated manufacturing equipment
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, design, document, initiate the fabrication custom in-house manufacturing equipment and solutions
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems and design permanent solutions
- Oversee equipment installation, commissioning and/or decommissioning of manufacturing systems and equipment
- Work collaboratively with Drummond engineers, operators and management
- Recognize and integrate new technologies to improve efficiency, capacity, and margin
- Identify and pursue value creating opportunities which align with your expertise
- Work to continuously generate creative and practical products able to better address new or continuing customer needs
- Bachelor s Degree in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering
Required Skills & Experience:[EF1]
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in automation
- Experience implementing automation machinery including, but not limited to, servo motors and drives, heat controls, HMI and robotics.
- Experience integrating sensing technologies into design and manufacturing processes
- Experience sourcing, installing and integrating components such as cameras, lighting, and lenses required for vision systems
- Experience incorporating PLC programming (e.g. Ladder Diagram, Structured Text, Function Block Diagram, Sequential Function Charts, Instruction List) into custom manufacturing line design solutions
- Familiarity with automation hardware and mechanical systems
- Desire to be hands on in the assembly and maintenance of production equipment
Experience programming and designing 16-bit controllers for use in private-label products
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Exceptional problem solver with the ability and desire to think abstractly
- Flexibility to deal with multiple project priorities and evolving deadlines based on variable customer demand
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to assimilate quickly
Desired Skills & Traits:
- Experience in high-volume manufacturing
- Knowledgeable of fabrication and machining processes[EF2]
- Project management skills (scoping, budgeting, leadership, implementing)
- Experience designing within regulatory standards (e.g. FDA, ISO, UL)
- Mid-senior/Senior level, depending on experience
- Medical device, Manufacturing, Glass
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Programming
Associated topics: design, develop, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power, systems
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...