Support Engineer ll
Compensation: $83,500.00 - $123,280.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Support Engineer Level ll
This position is primarily responsible to provide effective and efficient support for all hardware/software issue s while proactively reducing break-fix repairs by maintaining a solid infrastructure. The ideal candidate will ensure every user/customer is able to complete their assigned tasks in an optimally running environment by ensuring all escalated hardware/software/infrastructure issues and requests are resolved as quickly as possible. Lastly the position requires a candidate that is able to guide, train and mentor level I engineers making them more efficient and capable of resolving issues as the first point of contact with the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Extremely Proficient in Networking
- Knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- Knowledge of spanning-tree: rapid, pvst, and mst
- Some firewall experience including fortinet and Cisco ASA
- Knowledge of etherchannels
- Knowledge of access-list
- Knowledge of vlans
- Some phone knowledge is a plus
- Nexus knowledge is a plus
- Wireless: knowledge of controller-based environments, Cisco Meraki
- Knowledge of NAT, PAT
- Fiber optics knowledge is a plus
- Ability to before basic layer 1, 2, and 3 troubleshooting
- Ability to learn multiple environments
- Proficient in Windows, Linux, Exchange, AD, PC/Printer troubleshooting.
- Proficient in IT workflow and ticketing procedures.
- Heavily utilize and build Knowledge Base Articles (KB s) in order to elevate the knowledge of the team.
- Provide second level engineering support to all clients. Second level issues should be reviewed, and a determination made if the issue can be resolved by a Level I Engineer with appropriate coaching.
- Acknowledge every request received/escalated with communication to the user to set expectations for service and support delivery.
- Resolving more complex issues requiring detailed systems and applications knowledge, always verifying that appropriate escalation procedures have been adhered to.
- Prioritize all requests/incidents/problems based on assessed urgency of the issues description.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of all documentation.
- Provide support for all hardware and software issues.
- Assist in the build of laptops, desktops, and servers as required.
- Communicate to Management all support issues that require management attention.
- Provide appropriate coaching and mentoring to level I Engineers to increase technical knowledge, build team-oriented culture and increase knowledge of process and procedure.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a BS Degree and minimum 5 years experience or 7 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions or procedure manuals;
- the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization;
- A strong command of the English language is required for both written and oral communication.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Must be a team player that is willing to provide support to a variety of tasks and to support unplanned high priority customer activities
- Must possess strong customer service and team skills, proven customer interaction and customer support experience
Associated topics: building code, calculation, concrete, department of transportation, drainage, draw, microstation, remediation, roadway, structural analysis
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...