Area Cost Control Engineer
Compensation: $91,990.00 - $140,890.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
As an Area Cost Control Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will assist the project team in the tracking, reporting and troubleshooting of all relevant cost and schedule information across an assigned area of the project.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Flatiron, Dragados USA and VINCI, has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45 diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Assist Area Project Manager and Deputy Forecast Manager with tracking and updating the relevant project information to the assigned cost control and forecasting programs (SPE and SIE).
- Prepare support/back-up for change orders and claims to Contract Manager in coordination with each Area PM.
- Tracking quantities: To revise remaining quantities for forecast analysis and provide with monthly performed quantities to the Progress Engineer in coordination with field engineers of each area.
- Prepare/review pre-closing & closing files requested by the project in coordination with the each Area Accountant. Ensure that project charges are correctly represented for accounting s closing process.
- Help prepare the monthly SPE follow-up report (deviation analysis) in coordination with the Area Project Manager.
- Participate in and chair weekly productivity and cost meetings with field supervisors and Area PM to analyze incurred productivity, cost and deviations from the previous week.
- Review Change Orders and Payapps (work executed and invoices submitted by subcontractors) with the Superintendents, to verify what is to be submitted for payment application.
- Open and circulate cost codes ensure they are tracked effectively across the project.
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing, engineering, and design.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 6 years cost engineering experience within a construction firm.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in heavy civil construction involving means & methods.
- Construction experience in heavy civil projects and some field experience preferred.
- Knowledge in SPE, SIE and eCMS or similar system and knowledge in HCSS and AutoCAD preferred.
- Strong command of Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent organizational ability able to plan, prioritize, schedule, organize, and prioritize activities.
- Exceptional problem solving capabilities with the ability to identify critical issues, seek relevant information, generate alternatives and logically weigh options.
- Clear communication and teamwork excellent oral presentation and written skills, listens, relays information and ideas clearly, and works effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Dependable with an emphasis on producing quality work - works diligently against deadlines, sets goals and achieves them, persists through obstacles, ensures work is timely and accurate.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: building code, calculation, concrete, drainage, draw, infrastructure, remedial, road, soil mechanic, structural analysis
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...