Construction/Engineering Technician II - Denver
Compensation: $88,950.00 - $131,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for Construction Materials Testing Technicians to join our Building and Construction team on a Special Project based in Westminster (Denver), CO.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Construction Technicians will support the Building and Construction business performing Construction Materials Testing services, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations.Duties
Job Requirements:Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Activities will include performing field density testing for roadway, pipe, building, and retaining wall backfill, as well as testing of concrete placements
- Maintenance and review of field density log book
- Provide technical support for construction services operations
- Interface with clients
- 4+ year construction experience with soils, concrete and other materials
- ACI Certification Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1
- Prefer WAQTC (Colorado) certification, but not required if able to train and pass the WAQTC (Colorado) certification exam within 6 months of hire.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic computer skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, productive environment with growth potential
- Moderate lifting (~35 lbs) required as part of day to day job functions
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Associated topics: building engineer, compute, design, material, project engineer, structural, structural designer, structural engineer, structure, systems engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...