Senior Field Testing Technician
Compensation: $62,900.00 - $120,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Senior Technician / Technician III to join our Building and Construction team.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. Duties
- Update personal knowledge and skills necessary to remain current with industry as it develops
- Perform building enclosure inspection work at project sites during inspection including below grade waterproofing, exterior wall, air barrier, masonry, metal panels, EIFS, windows, curtain walls, skylights and roofing systems at ongoing construction projects
- Participate with building enclosure performance field testing of air barriers, EIFS, curtain walls, windows, skylights and roof systems during construction
- Perform reviews of exterior masonry systems and roof system inspections at work at sites
- Assist with building enclosure and roofing field testing at site
- Prepare reports for inspection and testing work
- Create and maintain building construction documents
- Work with Project Managers and Project teams to schedule inspections and testing
- Work with Project Managers on major design, inspection or investigative projects
- Degree in a technical field including engineering, architecture, engineering technology, or equivalent related experience
- Knowledge and experience related to the construction of exterior building systems (i.e., waterproofing, masonry, metal panels, water drainage systems, windows, curtain walls and roofing systems)
- Ability to read and understand architectural, engineering and shop drawings associated with assigned projects
- Working knowledge of building enclosure test equipment, test methods, applicable specifications preferred
- Ability to work closely with staff and clients to obtain information or ensure drawing accuracy
- Attention for detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
- Follow and enforce safety requirements and company policies
- Travel as necessary for project and clients
- Assist the local office, including areas outside of Building Science Solutions
- Good technical writing skills as well as consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
- Local and overnight travel as required for assigned projects and tasks
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to perform work from scaffolding, ladders, boom-lifts, roof levels, etc.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, crawl, reach overhead, push, pull or carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks and be comfortable in both indoor office and outdoor construction environments
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate with clients, designers, contractors, and coworkers, both in writing and orally
- Maintain positive and strong relationships with staff members including those outside of Building Science Solutions
- The ability to contribute positively to team morale
- The ability to learn new tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word
- In-office drafting and design utilizing AutoCAD and Revit software - preferred
- The ability to quickly learn and enforce standardizations in the construction realm
- A valid driver s license and acceptable driving record
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test. LI - LM
Associated topics: automation, process, prevent, prevention, quality, quality assurance engineer, software quality, software quality assurance engineer, test engineer, tester
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...