Soil/Asphalt Density Technician I - Part-time
Compensation: $94,700.00 - $142,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ranked in the Top 15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Soil/Asphalt Density Technicians will support the Building and Construction business by observing contractors on construction sites and performing basic concrete testing in the field under the direction of other technicians or engineering professionals to ensure that testing & sampling is performed consistent with project specifications.
We are looking for Technicians that hold the following Certifications to perform soil and asphalt density testing in the field:Densometer Gauge Safety Certified, orNICET Level 1 or higher in Soils, orNICET Level 1 or higher in Asphalt, orNETTCP Asphalt TestingNETTCP Soil TestingDuties:
- Test asphalt and soil the field to measure density using a densometer gauge
- Collect samples of asphalt and soil the field to test for physical characteristics
- Perform a variety of tests on asphalt and soil using materials-testing equipment
- Read construction documents to determine project details and specifications
- Neatly and accurately complete all required paperwork, including daily reports, test reports and timesheets in a timely manner
- Record and report test results after performing mathematical calculations, making graphical solutions and graphical representations
- Communicate orally and in writing with engineers and staff members, agency representatives, contractors and business and property owners
- Perform maintenance/cleaning of equipment and calibration and adjustments as need
- Adhere to construction site safety guidelines and promotes a safe working environment
- High school diploma or GED required
- Comfortable using MS Office applications (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Must be punctual, reliable with good attention to detail
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, crawl, push and pull, stretch, sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Valid Driver s License and clear driving record
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Associated topics: building, calculation, concrete, draft, drainage, microstation, remedial, remediation, roadway, transportation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...