Transportation Construction Inspector
Compensation: $65,525.00 - $131,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate 'smart' solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni is currently seeking a Transportation Construction Inspector (TCI) or Transportation Construction Inspector Supervisor (TCIS) with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Assigning work areas to construction inspectors; Routinely monitoring inspector workloads to adjust inspector assignments as needed to ensure efficiency
- Training personnel associated with project construction
- Making on-site technical decisions as well as inspections responsibilities
- Experience with public works infrastructure in nature, specifically roadway, bridge, highway, and traffic signal related labor, water and wastewater,utilities, etc.
- Creating and maintaining healthy relationships with clients, contractors and others; Acting as a liaison when necessary to make sure all parties are informed of all progress
- Being responsible for making sure all paperwork is complete and accurate with State, Local and Federal Requirements
- Being responsible for the training of all other inspectors to ensure they are fully prepared to work in the field
- Supervising the inspection of construction projects; establishing achievable goals and monitoring employee progress while maintaining personnel records.
- Meeting project deadlines which may mean working nights, weekends and over time
We are hiring multiple construction inspectors for Transportation Construction projects in Southeastern Pennsylvania, including bridge, highway, roadway and traffic projects
- Required education: High School Diploma.
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 4-7 years working experience with management experience preferred.
- Licenses required: Valid Driver's License
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ECMSv3
- Applicants should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, math skills, and be able to work well in public
- Must be willing to work outdoors on construction sites which includes ability to lift and transport construction inspection, testing equipment and samples when needed
- Prior experience in PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike Highway and Bridge Construction Inspection
- PennDOT Concrete Technician Certification
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician
- CDS NextGen
- NICET Certification
Why Work With Us?Job Requirements:
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: civil structural engineer, design, development, drafter, draw, model, structural, structural designer, structure, systems engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...