Pfizer Environmental Sustainability Senior Manager
Compensation: $84,505.00 - $129,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Provides environmental sustainability support to Pfizer, inclusive of manufacturing, R&D, and commercial (offices, field force) footprint; enabling progress along Pfizer's Green Journey. Supports the development of environmental programs that enable Pfizer operations to address environmental regulatory compliance obligations, effectively reduce environmental risks, enable sustainable products and processes and drive environmental impact reduction opportunities.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the environmental sustainability leader executes assigned areas such as processes to enhance environmental compliance by; authoring and maintaining governance frameworks; creation of programs to support implementation of program expectations, provision of resource to support program implementation and assess / support facility program effectiveness, and sharing lessons learned to drive network improvements;
- Assessment of environmental program through desk-top and on-site reviews and audits;
- Provides environmental technical expertise to the business to identify and assess risk, and enable progression of environmental risk reduction programs through identification and conformance of risk controls;
- Provides environmental expertise, to enable assessment and management of emission sources, through assessment and completion of material balance, and other mechanisms.May directly provide or attain through establishing competent consulting arrangements and / or leveraging matrixed network relationships
- Provides environmental expertise to identify and enable compliance opportunities [e.g., wastewater management,emissions management, waste minimization, reuse and recycling]
- Leads Operational Risk Evaluations and Site / Operating Unit EHS risk reviews within areas of technical expertise [e.g., air emissions, waste management] providing input to mitigate risk and builds supports the implementation of mitigation strategies and drives identified actions to improve control robustness.
- Identifies and leads complex environmental investigations for existing compliance driven activities in addition to proactive horizon scanning for opportunities and risks.
- Participates in environmental, health, and safety audits of company facilities.
- Participates in forums that support the organization in achieving robust compliance and identifying compliance opportunities.
- Leads development of environmental capabilities within technical discipline by delivering environmental training, coaching, and establishment of environmental community [ies] of practice and technical development opportunities.
- Supports all sustainability efforts as assigned, such as waste diagnostics, development of targets and metrics, sharing of good practices and benchmarking internally and externally, as well as tracking emerging issues.
- Undergraduate Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or a related field required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a relevant industry e.g. chemical, biological or drug product manufacturing as an environmental professional with a sustained track record in improving compliance performance, executing strategy and delivery required.
- Environmental practitioner with broad technical and regulatory experience, who can effectively operate in a matrix organization to progress programs.
- Detailed expertise in the identification and quantification of environmental releases [e.g., material balance, impact assessments], including wastewater management.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing environmental programs across global business unit lines, aligned with compliance requirements, risk profiles and compliance priorities to drive performance improvement.
- Proven experience effectively communicating and engaging with internal & external stakeholders including regulatory authorities.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work across multiple countries and cultures.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Masters degree or higher in Environment or Engineering field
- Knowledge of relevant Environmental IT business tools, e.g., ENHESA, Enablon, Emissions Master.
- Certified Environmental professional.
- Active current membership in at least one relevant professional body, with a formal continuous professional development requirement.
- Experience in training and EHS auditing is an advantage.
- Innovative thinker who consistently offers new ways to work better/smarter.
- Experience working across disciplines and senior management in a large global complex organization.
- Track record of leading cross functional and virtual teams in complex environments.
- Experience working in dynamic complex, matrixed business models.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Due to the nature of work assignments, the role holder must be able to perform detailed work with limited oversight on multiple, concurrent tasks, with frequent interruptions and under time constraints while advancing long term priorities.
- Overall physical fitness to enable travel to locations where Pfizer conducts business, including internal sites, external suppliers, peer company facilities and to conduct area walk-throughs, audits and inspections.This will require the ability to carry necessary work materials e.g. laptop etc, to stoop; to reach; to sit / stand / walk for extended periods of time; ability to climb stairs; and to use personal protective equipment including respiratory protection and hearing protection.
- Daily interactions with colleagues through face to face or virtual meetings enabled using technology such as webex and video conference requiring ability to effectively exchange ideas and information with colleagues using these systems.
- Ability to understand, evaluate, interpret and explain multiple complex inputs and provide clear direction.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (estimated to be 10-20% of time)
- Ability to work outside standard working hours (early mornings / evenings) to manage geographically diverse relationships; and maintain communications / networks across a global network
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 11/15/19
- Additional Location Information: Any Pfizer Site, or remote work permissibleEligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: agriculture, air, climate, ecology, ecological, environment, environmental science, epa, ocean, water monitoring
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...