Senior Data Scientist (Bethlehem)
Compensation: $93,493.33 - $153,250.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Senior Data Scientist at PPD executesadvanced analytics modeling based on exploratory data analysis from complex andhigh-dimensional data sets through application of statistics, machine learning,programming, data modeling, simulation, and/or advanced mathematics torecognize patterns, identify opportunities, and generate valuable predictivebusiness insights in support of innovative business decisions. Supportsorganization leadership through data-driven decision validation and support.
- Effectively collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to identify questions and business challenges and determine plans of action in order to effectively define, design, and develop machine learning models and algorithms to derive insights into each problem.
- Generates and tests hypotheses and analyzes and interprets the results.
- Navigates large, complex data sets for data mining, profiling, and curation, and natural language processing (NLP), as well as identifies related data that is fundamental to successfully applying predictive and machine learning techniques.
- Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and software programs to consolidate, cleanse, and analyze unstructured, diverse data sources to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, and generate actionable business insights and solutions.
- Designs, develops, and evaluates predictive models and algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data in order to support business process improvements and solve business challenges.
- Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources in support of continuous improvement efforts and business process upgrades through exploratory data analysis.
- Effectively communicates and guides stakeholders through the machine learning process; Interprets and communicates findings and solutions from analysis and experiments to a broad audience, including business leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years).
Knowledge, Skills andAbilities:
- Strong working knowledge of application of statistics, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to business questions for data analysis
- Demonstrated skills with exploratory data analysis techniques involving structured and unstructured data, machine learning (e.g. decision trees, neural networks, clustering, classification, Bayesian networks), model validation techniques, and data visualization techniques
- In depth knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas: Snowflake, AWS EMR, Python, Spark, R, Shiny, jupyter, and associated packages and libraries from numpy, pandas, SciPy or NLTK
- Thorough knowledge of and exposure to cloud architectures across NoSQL, lambda functions, kafka, sagemaker, tensorflow, etc.
- Proficiency with the following data science approaches: data engineering, pipelining and wrangling tools, data visualization and modeling tools, and mathematical approaches to imperfect data
- Substantial knowledge of data management approaches such as relational databases, data schemas, object stores, column stores, triple stores, graph stores, and/or document stores
- Proven ability to deliver accurate work products in a cross-functional matrix environment spanning data warehousing, data modeling, and data analytics while managing multiple competing priorities
- Sound analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency in developing detailed analysis, models, plan calculations, and tools
- Solid executive presence with ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels
- Demonstrated creativity in identifying non-traditional data sources in addition to rigorous application of leading analytic techniques
PPD values the health and well beingof our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy andbalanced environment where they can thrive.Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, andunderstand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in acomprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationaryfor typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standardoffice equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully underpressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Associated topics: data analytic, data center, data integrity, data manager, data quality, data warehouse, database administrator, etl, hbase, mongo database
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...