FIRE ALARM ENGINEER & DESIGNER
Compensation: $94,700.00 - $142,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Total Fire Protection is expanding rapidly, presenting an exciting and challenging opportunity to bring your fresh ideas, polished expertise, and collaborative attitude to support our growth.
The Fire Alarm Engineer & Designer will possess direct fire protection knowledge as it applies to fire alarm systems and will have responsibility of designing fire alarm systems for multiple projects, involving concept development and design documents. As the Fire Alarm Engineer & Designer, you will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager and be responsible for the functions relative the daily duties associated with this role.
At Total Fire Protection, our MISSION is simple, Embracing Relationships, while keeping you safe, and delivering First Class Service. You won t just be a team member at Total Fire Protection, but a valuable contributor. Our diverse team members support one another as we work towards our common goal of bringing Fire and Life Safety to our Customers nationwide.
Our Company culture has been built on the foundation of our CORE VALUES that define Who We Are and we hold each other accountable to these CORE VALUES. Our Five-Alarm Growth represents our commitment to embracing change, evolutionary action, continuous learning, constant improvement, and full engagement. We place the priorities of our Team First and our team members back it up through Do What You Say! execution. Total Fire Protection believes that Do the Right Thing! builds loyalty, trust, and respect because We Care about our team members, our Customers, and our community.
Every team member brings their own expertise to Total Fire Protection and is encouraged to make their voice heard. We offer a family-oriented culture of teamwork and encourage continuous learning, a diverse atmosphere, and opportunities for career advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Live our CORE Values.
- Understand Total Fire Protection s strategy, business, and growth initiatives.
- Ability to read, interpret, and execute blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Knowledgeable of various NFPA codes and standards, including, but not limited to; 20, 30, 72, 92, 101, 110 and 2001.
- Detailed fire protection design knowledge as it applies to fire alarm systems
- Consistently apply specific skills and relevant Fire Alarm system knowledge including underlying professional/technical principles or standards.
- Familiar with NYC and Long Island local building codes and their fire alarm code requirements
- Have general knowledge of fire alarm engineering, including fire detection, mass notification, hazard analysis, code consulting, fire dynamics, smoke management, and egress systems.
- Provide technically accurate detailed design of fire alarm systems, complete construction documents to the client that adheres to all code requirements, company specifications and the engineering standards of practice.
- Design fire alarm systems for multiple projects, involving concept development, design documents, coordinating with design team and officials, shop drawing review, construction administration, etc.
- Collaborate and provide support to TFP team members and clients, and interfacing with Building/Fire Officials
- Play an integral role in Fire Alarm project execution, including the coordination of equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects in order to exceed Customer and Company expectations
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other relevant building system(s) at customer sites.
- Adhere to method-of-procedure(s) required to troubleshoot systems in accordance with technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
- Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers Fire Alarm systems, as required to meet Customer and Company expectations.
- Ability to understand specific Scope of Work requirements as outlined by Contractors and Customers, to uphold RFI needs and make potential recommendations.
- Perform and/or support the installation of fire related and/or other building systems products.
Required Skills Experience and Preferred Certifications:
- Minimum three (3) years fire alarm system design/consulting experience with a related technical and/or engineering degree
- Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD 2008 or higher and knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be familiar with NFPA 72, including differences between versions, recent updates, and the intent of the code.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Experience of at least 2 major brands of fire control panels, factory training a plus.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred.
- Excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills.
- Computer fluency in Windows, Excel, and other Microsoft products.
- Engineering in Training (EIT)
- NICET Level II Fire Alarm certification (or higher)
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
- NICET Certification in Special Hazard Suppression Systems, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water-Based Systems or Fire Alarm Systems.
- Possess a valid driver s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time depending on assigned geographic location.
Think you have what it takes to be a Total Fire Protection team member? Apply on our careers page at www.tfp1.comn to be a part of this dynamic organization!
Total Fire Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: building process, civil, civil structural engineer, compute, design engineer, designer, drafter, environment, stability, systems engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...