Building and Systems Engineering Specialist
Compensation: $107,710.00 - $156,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
If you re looking to move your engineering career forward with the global leader of logistics, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking a BaSE (Building and Systems Engineering) Specialist to support the protection of UPS assets, facilities, equipment and grounds. He/she assists with overseeing facility environmental compliance, conveyor system reliability, maintenance, housekeeping and facility safety. The BaSE Specialist manages small projects and oversees the work of outside contractors, as well as supports the BaSE supervisor in identifying and dispatching the work of mechanics and porters.
In addition to assisting with conveyor system maintenance and ensuring equipment runs smoothly and efficiently, the BaSE Specialist also helps to determine the proper corrective action for damaged or worn equipment and uses a maintenance management program to schedule necessary repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs). The BaSE Specialist also ensures needed operational equipment is ordered to maintain productivity and facility appearance at an acceptable level for the most reasonable cost.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors repair status and PMI completion, conducts facility inspections and identifies operational improvements needed to improve safety and package flow efficiency
- Inspects projects to ensure safety, environmental and contract compliance
- Manages project budgets
- Supervises smaller, less complex PE projects and activities
- Oversees the work of outside vendors, including scheduling and dispatching for routine facility maintenance and projects
- Assists in developing scope of work and project cost estimates and submits schedules, drawings, feasibility studies, vendor lists and project funding requests
- Creates and distributes bid documents and project manuals and evaluates incoming bids and project estimates
- Maintains parts database, orders parts and equipment and ensures spare parts levels
- Assists in maintaining environmental, safety and regulated goods compliance and participates in related audits
- Delivers environmental, regulatory, safety and health compliance training
Knowledge and Skills
- Develops project plans to accomplish objectives; establishes goals, milestones and deadlines; identifies necessary project resources
- Estimates, identifies and forecasts business indicators (e.g., feasibility, potential growth, costs, risks, benefits) by analyzing relevant data and statistics
- Manages budgets and understands accounting processes; determines needed resources and allocates funds; monitors expenditures to budget targets and resolves discrepancies
- Oversees equipment repairs and the correction of problems with tools, machinery and other standard technical equipment
- Manages and performs routine maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, prolonged service life and appearance
- Oversees physical assets (e.g., machinery, vehicles, equipment, supplies); evaluates, obtains and allocates physical asset resources; maximizes their use and projects future asset needs
- Administers projects and programs (e.g., allocating people and resources, organizing logistics and implementation, monitoring progress, adapting plans, identifying and resolving rollout issues)
- Manages and establishes working relationships with vendors (e.g., suppliers, consultants, contractors)
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by lawJob Requirements:
Associated topics: autocad, building engineer, building information, civil engineer, compute, construction, development, structural, structural designer, water resource
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...