Engineering Manager, Mobile
Compensation: $94,700.00 - $142,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the "Artificial Intelligence" that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization. Seattle's vast talent pool and legacy of innovation make the city a perfect destination for our west coast team - come help craft the culture as we launch our new campus!
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager at Compass, you will lead an engineering team to build state of the art technology that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents and consumers. You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members and drive engineering excellence. You find immense value in the success of your team, emphasizing collaboration and facilitating continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members. You believe in continuously improving operational processes and procedures.
At Compass You Will:
* Be a subject matter expert in relevant technology and product domains
* Hire, lead and retain a diverse team of experienced senior engineers to deliver high-quality features
* Lead the effort in developing and launching multiple new products, and maintaining and improving existing products
* Contribute to creating an excellent work environment and engineering culture
* Contribute to building top quality engineering teams and technology practices
What We Look For:
* BS in Computer Science, MS preferred
* 5+ years of software engineering experience
* 2+ years of engineering management experience
* A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
* Experience building native iOS and Android mobile apps using Swift or Kotlin
* Great mobile product sense. You are passionate about the mobile platform and are constantly thinking of new ideas and improvements to improve the mobile experience and influence our product roadmap.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place.
Check out our Engineering blog!* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...