Engineering Technician, Mining / Heavy Civil
Compensation: $83,250.00 - $135,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Construction Materials Testing Technician to join our Nevada team to support construction materials testing of mining/commercial/industrial projects.
Do you like to work outdoors in a construction environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental firm that values its employees enthusiasm and contributions? We encourage you to apply to join our team of friendly, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Skills / Qualifications
- Operate standard construction materials testing equipment and perform routine testing procedures (primarily concrete, soils and geosynthetic liner systems)
- Perform soil density testing using both nuclear gauge and sand cone in accordance with ASTM and project specifications on site at commercial construction projects
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy of test data
- Prepare daily reports of observation and test results
- Will monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Test and work in accordance with Company safety policies
- Will interact with client representatives (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
- Will travel to project sites mostly in Nevada
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A recent graduate with a BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management would also be a good fit for this opportunity
- Current valid drivers license
- Must pass drug test and must have a clean driving record in accordance with the Company's MVR driving policy
- Willingness to travel
- Reliability must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times
- Flexibility must be able to work outside normal business hours as required
- Construction Materials Testing experience either on mining projects or on transportation construction projects
- Current MSHA Certification (desired)
- Certifications for soils and concrete (desired)
- ACI Field Testing Technician Grade I (desired)
- Nuclear Testing service training course (desired)
- Ability to read & interpret engineers plans & specifications
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Will routinely lift and carry materials and equipment
- Ability to complete Fit for Duty examination as prescribed by company policy
- Able to work in variable outside conditions, including extreme heat or cold
*MONEIS* Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed> Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: concrete, construction, construction operator, extraction technician, fitter, land development, mining, pipe, polisher, underground
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...